Wild Leek Pesto
Wild leek pesto is very flavorful and a little goes a long way whether it is used on pizza, pasta or on a fresh baguette.Please see the recipe below.
Pesto may be frozen in glass jars. Do not microwave pesto to thaw. It is better to thaw the pesto by placing the jar in a bowl of warm water. Microwaving can lessen the flavor.
- 8 cups of cleaned leek leaves
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup of olive oil at least is needed
- 1 cup of pine nuts or walnuts
- Place leaves in a food processor or blender
- Turn on blender or processor and begin dribbling a stream of olive oil over leaves
- Add cheese
- Add nuts
- Add more olive oil until you have the consistency of a paste
- Add salt to taste